Essentials of Leadership
Leadership is key to stimulating innovation, driving change and to deliver results in increasingly competitive and complex circumstances. This intensive and highly interactive the Essentials of Leadership training course will challenge participant’s current thinking regarding leadership and change, and provide new capacities, skills and behaviours to lead in a dynamic, complex, and ambiguous global business environment.
Who should attend
The Essentials of Leadership one week training course is designed for middle through upper level executives; supervisors, team leaders and managers or those new to a significant leadership role.
The Principles of Leadership
- Define leadership
- Leadership theories and their evolution
- Distinguish between managers and leaders
- Situational leadership
Understanding Yourself and others
- Self-assessment and principles of leadership
- Choosing your leadership style
- Discover your strength and weaknesses
- Value the strengths of others
- Understand the factors that influence the way people behave at work
- Getting to the heart of effective communication
- Recognize different types of communication
- Develop specific communication strategies that build a culture of alliance and collaboration
Effective Team Building and Team Development
- Principles of teamwork and collaboration
- Stages of group development
- Leadership action plan for team development
- Motivating and Energising a team
- Building Your Credibility
- Creating and maintaining trust
Enabling and Managing change
- Stages of Change
- Reinforcing change Understanding the impact of organisational change on people People
- Leadership through change
- Understanding concerns people have regarding an organizational change
- Overcome obstacles
- Manage resistance to change
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Gain practical leadership tools that can be applied across the organisation
- Develop a high-performance team and create performance-orientated culture
- Adapt their leadership communication style for different team members
- Gain practical skills and techniques to identify and deliver change in their organisation
- Gain practical skills to overcome resistance to change
Want to make an enquiry on Essentials of Leadership Training Course?
Please call us on +44 (0) 207 112 4846, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online form below.
This one week training course aims to raise awareness about the dynamics of communication in business environment, develop influencing and negotiating skills.
This intensive training course enables delegates to uncover and eliminate unnecessary activities that slow processes, so they can focus more on activities that matter most to their customers.
In Effective Leadership John Adair, Britain’s foremost expert on leadership training, shows how every manager can learn to lead. Drawing on numerous examples of leadership in action – commercial, historical, military – he identifies the essential requirements for good leadership and explains how you can enhance your personality, knowledge and position to become the best leader you can be.
Adopted at more than 1,000 colleges and universities worldwide, the market-leading text owes its success to the unique way in which it combines an academically robust account of the major theories and models of leadership with an accessible style and practical exercises that help students apply what they learn.
Kindle for BOC Delegates
To promote paper free environment, we are giving Kindle Fire to our delegates instead of the course binder. All your training course material will be pre-installed on Kindle Fire, which you can take with you. Find out more
Become Our Agent
Recent Blog Posts
- Join the Internal Communications Camp in pictur...
- BOC is back in London and is proud to announce ...
- Join the Internal Communications Camp in Barcel...
- 3rd Annual Internal Communications Conference &...